Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Tony's
I like the theater... but I wouldn't consider myself a theater person.
When I was little, my parents would get season tickets to Jones Hall, which is where the travelling shows would come when they came to Houston. (It all started 'cause my mom wanted to see Phantom the first time it came to town). So we sat through good plays and not-so-good plays ("Once on this Island" anyone?... ugh... horrible)

And as much as I love the thrill of Broadway -- it's kinda difficult and a pain in the ass -- unless you've got your parents to do the work for you.

Matt and I don't really go to the theater. Not 'cause we don't want to, but because it requires forethought. And you work as long and as hard as we do, it's tough to be good as forethought from a personal-life perspective. (THIS is why I was horrible at planning my wedding).

So anyway -- I digress...

Since my parents have been living here, I've gone to see a bunch of plays. I ended up seeing many of the plays nominated for "Best Musical" and "Best Revival - Musical". Watching the Tony's this year was actually fun. I cared who won... I had a vested interest... I had SEEN the plays.

Good times!

I highly recommend "Passing Strange" and "In the Heights" -- both are amazing, with awesome sound tracks.

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star