Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Monday, February 20, 2006

Shopping = FUN!
I woke up this morning knowing that I needed to get work done before the week started. It was also the first "weekend" day in ages that I actually wanted to leave my house! So, I got out of bed, washed up, got dressed, and headed to SoHo.

It was cold. Really cold. But I had my ipod, gloves, and sunglasses... so I was set. I hit the usuals on Broadway for a quick shopping trip... H&M, Scoop, Bloomingdale's. I wasn't in a hurry, really. I browsed around at H&M, trying on a few things, grabbing a few trendy accessories. I talked to a lady at the Paula Dorf make-up counter at Bloomie's, and she convinced me to let her give me a new "look" for my eyes. It was fun... I even bought some stuff! I tried really hard to buy myself a new handbag, but I couldn't. The one I liked was over a grand... so yeah, I passed. ;)

And then I came home, did some work, ate left-overs from my yummy dinner with grandma yesterday, and relaxed for the rest of the evening. All in all, it was a good day. I'm not exactly looking forward to work tomrorow, but I guess I will deal. ;) Thankfully, it won't be nearly as crazy of a week as last the last few weeks have been. So that's good.

Ok... off to beddie bye for me.

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star