Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Saturday, February 11, 2006

And... exhale...
This week was murder... four cities in five days. Overall, it was a good week... but the best part is that it is over.

I flew from Chicago to Boston on Monday night. As the plane was landing, I had a pretty great view of Boston. I focused on the Prudential Center, and I could not help but think about the day I graduated from BC. After packing up my room with my parents (with me still in my graduation dress, and nursing a broken foot on crutches), we went to "Top of the Hub", the restaurant at the top of the Prudential Center. There were a bunch of BC kids there having dinner with their folks... I didn't know them, really, but recognized them. As I hobbled through the restaurant on my crutches, I'd make eye contact with some of my former classmates. We didn't say anything to one another, but the looks that we gave one another spoke volumes.

I can't believe that it's been 5 1/2 years since I left that place... and as much as I appreciate the memories that I have of being in college, I don't think that I would want to live there again.

So tired... So not not in the mood but do anything other than fend off this cold that I feel coming on. We're in the middle of a blizard right now, and it's one of those great nights where you're happy to be inside, with a ton of saved stuff on your DVR to watch, and hours of Olympic coverage to digest before you even THINK of being bored. ;) I really need this mental health weekend.

And now that crazy time is over... I can start to think about getting excited about my wedding!!

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star