Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Tuesday, July 05, 2005

So close... yet so far away...
Every night for the last few, the conversation about dinner has gone like this,
"Where do you want to go to dinner?"
"I don't know, Jasara. Where do you want to go?"
"Hmm... Applewood?"

And no night until tonight have we actually gone to Applewood. Oh my goodness... it was so good. It wasn't cheap, but it was SO GOOD! And one other thing that made it amazing... is that it's right across the street. And I mean... literally!

To start, I had a lobster broth, and Matt had a pork belly dish. They were both quite tasty.
For main courses, I had a duck dish, and Matt had a yummy Tazmanian sea trout. (He told me to specify that it was from Tazmania). ;)
And because I am never one to pass up warm, hot fruit... I had the peach cobbler. It was... OMG... SO GOOD! The peaches were fresh and were amazing. And on top was this candied leaf... I assumed that it was mint... but it tasted a bit like basil. The server confirmed that it was, indeed, basil. Again, an unexpected surprise at Applewood.

When I was in Texas and Yvonne went to my apartment to "rescue" my Secure ID card, I told her that I would take her to dinner at Applewood. I can't wait to go back!
Yumm

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star