Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Texas Trip...
It is Sunday night and I'm mostly packed for the trip back to NYC.
The week in Houston has really been action-packed, and I'm exhausted.
I'm not really looking forward to being back in NYC... work sucks... being alone sucks...
I like it here with my family. I love having the support structure. I like being part of a support structure.

Keeping focused on the positive only gets you so far.

I've got to start working out. I know that if I make that commitment, and stick to it, my outlook will be much brighter.
But how do I do that? How do I let work not rule my life? That's my struggle... and I don't know how I'm gonna be able to make it happen. But I've got to... my mental health is in jeopardy.

This is totally the "night before work" gut-check that is a tell-tale sign that it's time for a new job... I'm stressed out about work and I don't even have to go tomorrow. I'm worried about all of the bull-shit that I'm going to have to deal with when I get back to the office. I hate this.

I need to make a change.
But how?

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star