Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Not feelin' creative enough to write a subject right now...
Today was pretty good.
  • I worked through things with the manager I fear I had disappointed, and that makes me feel better. Thankfully, I had sound reasons for the actions I took, and I was confident (rather than wishy-washy) when we spoke. So that's good. She used it as a good coaching opportunity, and I appreciate that. I actually feel much better about work and about my trip now. Phew!
  • I was "live" on the phones today at the call center. It was really scary... 'cause you don't want to tell people the wrong things! I was nervous, but I think that I did an OK job. I'll be there tomorrow taking calls all day. EEK! We'll see how that goes.
  • Went to dinner with Marjorie, Manda, and Erin at Chuy's... SO GOOD! Great food, great drink, great company. :) I'm glad that we had an opportunity to get together while I was home.
  • On my way home, JBK called... so I went over to her and her hubby's new house for a visit. It is so nice... and she is SO preggers! It was cute. We had a good chat, and then I ventured homeward bound
  • Alex needed help with his resume, and of course he didn't call to talk about it until 11... so I spent the last hour working through it with him. I made "I work in the mail room" sound pretty darn indispensible (sp?), if I do say so myself! Tee hee hee... Let's hope that he actually uses it!
  • The new album is growing on me. I need to make time to watch the webcast, I tell ya! Everyone who has seen the new songs live says that it "makes" them...
Ok...now... a dormir!

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star