Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Thursday, April 28, 2005

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...
Today's been great!
First... I wasn't at work! Can I get a hell yeah?! HELL YEAH!
Next... I slept late and took my time getting getting into the city.
The Kate Spade Sample Sale was fun... not crowded at all... and I was able to buy the Mother's Day and baby shower gifts I needed. Of course, I bought myself a few treats as well. ;)

After that, I made my way uptown to have lunch with Shannon. It is the most gorgeous day, so we brought our lunch over to the park. It was great to spend time catching up, eating lunch, and enjoying the weather. She headed back to work and I headed home.

As I got off the train and headed to my apartment, I saw a woman trip and fall as she crossed the street. What made this a thousand times worse was that she had her hands full of groceries AND she had her baby in a carrier on her chest. She fell forward, and the baby hit its head on the ground. It was really scary. We were right in front of the animal hospital on my block, so we went in there and called the hospital. They sent an ambulance TEN MINUTES LATER. The woman was supposed to meet her neighbors in the courtyard of their apartment complex, as she volunteered to watch their children because mom-neighbor was about to deliver twins. After giving the woman my name and address, I delivered the message to the neighbors and called the woman's husband to tell him what happened. Husband wasn't so nice to me... but whatever... he could have been in shock. Either way, they took the baby to the hospital down the street. Hopefully I'll hear something from them (I gave them my phone number and name, just in case) after they're done at the hospital. We'll see...

So yeah... It's now time for me to get rid of this headache...

~won't you be my neighbor~

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star