Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Hunt, Part II
I met Brad, and I was a little late. Whoops! Not the best first impression, but it was fine. 'Cause he really wasn't pissed... me being 10 minutes late gave him enough time to go grab a slice for lunch! ;)

So we get to the apartment. He told me that the woman who owns the building is rather old and has a care-taker to take care of both of the building and of her. At first, she said that she didn't like me, and that she didn't like cats. TO MY FACE! I was like, "Uh... ok. Well, thanks for your time." And because I was nice about it, I guess she changed her mind... and she let me go see the place. She had me sit down, asked me a ton of questions... It was really weird. By the time I left, she went down $100 a month on the rent, and wanted to know RIGHT AWAY if I wanted the place. Her nurse showed us out, gave both of us hugs, and told me that she loved me. So weird. It was a pretty big place... but my gut didn't tell me to sign the lease right away. You know?

And then we went back to the Corcoran office. Brad searched on his computer system and found another apartment for me to see. We made an appointment to see it tomorrow at 1:00. It is 100% newly renovated. It's in my price range. It's a little more south in "The Slope" than I would have originally thought about... BUT, it's still close to the trains, and that is a big plus! Another great thing about that neighborhood is that there is lots of parking in that hood. So that's good, too.

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star