Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Saturday, March 05, 2005

Freakin' Weekend
The weekend started off on the right foot... Happy hour with friends (old and new), followed by a slice with Brian and Yvonne on the way to the bar. We met up with Luciana just before "Ants Marching" came on. They are a Dave Matthews tribute band. ("Tribute Band" is a nice way to say that they're a cover band. heh). Anyway, after the band, and hanging out at the bar, dancing and the like, I was pooped. I said goodbye to Luci, who left to catch her train, and then hopped in a cab with Yvonne and Brian. Of course, we stopped at the diner on the way home. And of course, it wasn't nearly as good as I wanted it to be. Oh well... I was so tired that it didn't bother me that much. I think that I was sleeping before my head hit the pillow. I guess that's what 10 beers does to you. (I don't really think that I had 10 beers... but I had a bunch... I didn't count).

And then this morning, after an early-morning phonecall, I decided that I'd take Brian home earlier, rather than later. (I had to be home from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm to wait for the cable guy to come). And the guy came to fix the ceiling that got all grody after the water came through from upstairs. So, as Aimee said, today is apartment repair day. ;) I've been being a bum. I don't know why I am so tired. Perhaps the stress is affecting me more than I anticipated.

So after I get into gear, I'm gonna see if I can get a manicure... then am gonna head up to have dinner with Aimee and Johnny. I don't know if I'm up for much more. I think that I might kick it at home earlier tonight. We'll see. AND TOMORROW is my first yoga class at the gym... followed by birthday dinner for my cousin Jared! Yippie! ;) I've not yet figured out when I'm going to get him, but I'll think of something, I'm sure.

AND... I requested my tickets for SPAC. WOOT! Hopefully they'll be good good good... but I doubt it. Lol... I never get good WH tickets. I should have never let my first year membership slip. Dang! Oh well. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. But still... annoying.

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star