Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Could it be?
I tried a few times today to write something, but I kept getting distracted. And when I did write something, it made no sense, so I deleted before publishing. It was a pretty busy day, but a good one all in all. (Funny, the best days are the ones when I don't have to deal with the crazy... do I detect a theme emerging?)

I rode the train home with Yvonne today. She's a girl that I work with, and we've become good friends. She's just as much of a nerd as I am, so we get along. ;) We talked about how her cable was out in her apartment last night, and how she couldn't deal without having internet access or TV. I come home to find that MY cable is, in fact, out. Whatever, I don't freak or anything. I call the cable company to learn that they're gonna have to send someone to come to my apartment to fix the cable. And that they can't send anyone until NEXT TUESDAY! (Um... excuse me?!) Yes, I did say NEXT TUESDAY! BUT... I they have no late appointments, so I have to wait until NEXT (as in not this, but next) SATURDAY for a cable person to be able to come while I'm not at work. This is SUCH a royal pain in my ass.

Oh well, I guess I'll get a lot of reading and knitting done.

So I get this weird feeling today that I'm being left out. That's one of my big fears, that everyone else is doing something fun, and I haven't been invited. I think that is why I have this overwhelming need to include as many people as possible when I'm planning something. I'm the self-proclaimed Queen of The-More-The-Merrier. And I don't know... I don't like feeling left-out... and I don't like for others to feel left out either. It's a pretty crappy feeling. Unwanted... unloved... unliked. And I know that I'm loved, liked, wanted... But for some reason, I can't shake it. And maybe I don't even want to be included in the festivities that others haven't included me in that I've conjured in my head. And maybe I wouldn't even partake... but still, an opportunity to accept or decline on my own accord would be nice. (God, could I be any more paranoid?!? People do things... they go out... and they don't invite you... get OVER yourself!) Either way... I don't like feeling like this.


(NOTE -- My cable modem is out as well... but thankfully one of my neighbors doesn't have a password protected network, and I'm borrowing their bandwidth until I get mine back). ;)

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star