Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I'm Official!
So... I've been in my job for four months and my business cards JUST came in. Um... yeah... whatever. So I guess that they just decided that they like me enough to keep me around. Tee hee hee.

It's raining today. It's one of those days when you really want to just stay in bed under the covers. (When do I not?!)... especially since the temperature in my apartment is somewhat better. Phew! I was sleeping so poorly... and I was afraid to complain to the my apartment people 'cause I didn't want them to turn the heat off completely (you know, to overcompensate for it being 84 degrees until now). So whatever... it's fixed for the time being.

Christmas presents got here from Houston yesterday. So last night when I got home from work, it was like Christmas all over again! WOO! I really did make out like a bandit this year.

So I've been looking ALL OVER my apartment for my knitting needles that I bought after my first knitting class. Here... there... everwhere... and on the train last night, I remembered... I put them in my suitcase before I left for Houston. D'oh! Oh well... hopefully I'll get the suitcase back and all will be well with the world. Thankfully, I've got spares... still sucks, though.

Speaking of the train... I've been playing Bejeweled2 on my way two and from work for the last two days. Last night, I closed my eyes, and all I could see were those damned jewels! Seriously. I was cracking up... and I couldn't get my brain to relax! Oy... I need to chill out.

Hopefully today won't be nutso at work... hopefully.

:)

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star