Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Thursday, December 16, 2004

~I'll never see myself in the mirrir with my eyes closed~
Can we talk about how much I love They Might Be Giants?!
Their music always makes me smile.

So this week has been loooooong.
And tomorrow is my last day until 12/30. Hell's yeah coolio! I can't wait for a nice, long, recharge.
I am in desperate need of a haircut, too. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to get one before I go home, or if I'll get one when I get there. We'll see.
Got paid today. WOO! :) I love the 15th of the month paycheck. It makes me happy. 'Cause it's mostly fun money. No real bills to be paid in the middle of the month. So hopefully I'll be able to have some fun with that money. :) Heh.

I'm watching "The Apprentice"... I got home at a reasonable hour tonight, too. Perhaps things will be turning around a bit. Perhaps we got over the hump. My nut-job co-worker and I went through my salary budget today... most of the day... BUT... what we learned is that I got it RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! WOO! My assumptions are consistent and I've come out $70K UNDER budget.
Can I get a HELL YEAH?!
I was able to give the juniors larger raises and to treat them in a consistent way based on class year and performance. I am psyched that it came out in this way, 'cause the juniors are the ones who have to stay and do the crappy-grunt work and pay their dues.
That made me feel good. It made me feel really good... that my hard work, that my blood, sweat and tears were for something.


Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star