Shake your tambourine
"You blow my head open. Of one thing I'm sure...
I do my best for you I do"
Thursday, November 25, 2004

Mmm... pie...
My pumpkin pie is in the oven baking as I write this. I'm kinda nervous about it, but I'm sure it will be fine. I mean, how badly can someone mess up pumpkin pie? (shit... I shouldn't have said that).
Anyway, I almost dropped the artichoke pie on the floor last night as I took it out of the oven. I started cracking up at the irony of the whole situation, and then almost dropped it on the floor AGAIN! (I'm not super clumsy, it's just that the pie pans aren't super strong and didn't hold up as well as I would have liked).

It's Thanksgiving, and it doesn't really feel like it. Weird. It's the first time that I haven't been home for Turkey Day. Being in New York is fine. It just doesn't even feel like winter! It's 65 degrees outside and I've got all of the windows in my apartment open 'cause it's so freakin' hot in this apartment!

I haven't talked to my parents yet, but I'm sure that they'll call any second. The parade is on, which I love watching. I feel like I should have gone since I'm here, but I didn't have anyone to go with, and I guess that I'm thankful for the morning to sleep in and relax.

EDIT (11:32 am): And here's a photo of the finished product!
Could I be the next Martha? Have I found my calling? I'll keep you posted... we still don't know how it tastes!


Random Aside: Talked to Luke last night on the computer and learned that Al, one of Matt's best friends, got engaged last night. Something must be in the water! That's two of my friends getting engaged in less than a week!

Frequenting...

An Angel Flying
Night-time-musings
shan:non:par:eil
something food related
Amalah
Snarkywood
Opinionista


Feelin' Creative...

ljc fyi
pink is the new blog
not martha


Reading...

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer

Will revisit:
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, & Broke
by Suze Orman
Invisible Man
by Ralph Ellison
Catch 22
by Joseph Heller


Finished...

Twilight
by Stephanie Meyer
Best 'Tween Book EVER!
Little Earthquakes
by Jennifer Weiner
Loved it!
Harry Potter 6
by J.K. Rowling
Can't wait for Book 7!
Diary of a Mad Bride
by Laura Wolf
This one made me feel normal
Middlesex
by Jeffrey Eugenides
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Motorcycle Diaries
by Ernesto Che Guevara
Just OK... not amazing
Fan Man
by William Kotzwinkle
TOO FUNNY, man!
The Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
SO GOOD!


Contemplating...

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving
The Photograph
by Penelope Lively


Listening...

Eric Hutchinson
DMB
Wilco
American Hi-Fi
phish
Carbon Leaf
Damien Rice
Guster
The Shins
Sarah Mclachlan

Where's Dashboard Confessional?


Archives




Other Stuff...

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



design by
may * star